Top Ten* Reasons to Become a Member
10) Meet great colleagues while serving on an MAMFT committee or even the Board of Directors.
9) Receive group discounts on endorsed malpractice insurance.
8) Access expert legal consultation at no charge.
7) Receive discounts for all AAMFT and MAMFT-affiliated events, including annual conferences.
6) Participate in the MAMFT Mentoring Project as a mentor or a mentee.
5) Stay up-to-date on pertinent issues through the AAMFT and MAMFT newsletters.
4) Advertise your practice through AAMFT’s online referral source, Therapist Locator, at no charge.
3) Present your work at MAMFT Networking Events.
2) Benefit from state and national advocacy for the advancement of marriage and family therapy
1) Receive your paid subscription to the premier compilation of marriage and family therapy research, Journal of Marital and Family Therapy
*Collaborate with other members of the nationally renowned professional community of systems thinkers.
When you join MAMFT, you also become a full member of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy. For full membership benefits for AAMFT, please visit the AAMFT Member Benefits page.
AAMFT has broken down membership options into six categories. All licensed mental health professionals with a passion for working with individuals, couples, and families are welcome.
- Clinical Fellow: This membership category is for Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists.
- Pre-Clinical Fellow: This category is for recent graduates working towards licensure as LMFTs.
- Member: This category is for all licensed mental health clinicians, regardless of discipline.
- Student: This category is for current students in Masters or Doctoral programs.
- Associate: This category is for recent graduates in mental health programs working toward licensure.
- Affiliate: This category is for professionals in affiliated fields with an interest in marriage and family therapy.
Mailing Address: 53 Center Street, Northampton, MA 01060